Why Dorado? Dorado is a constellation in the Southern sky, which can be seen by the naked eye. With a name referring to dolphinfish (which is known as dorado in Portuguese), it was named in the late 16th century, and is now one of the 88 modern constellations.
So... why would we name our wooden magnetic fishing set after a constellation? The rationale is pretty simple,
- because this is a fishing toy
- we would like to educate our younger generation the beauty of biodiversity and astronomy (hints intended)
- the constellation shape looks just like a fishing rod (yeah ten points to our designer, every single detail counts)
- commercially, dorado fish often labeled with its Hawaiian name mahi-mahi, which also means "very strong"
- the wooden blocks come with strong embedded magnets to withstand powerful pull from your LO
「Every product tells a story, and we hope this could be part of your LO's journey in broaden his/her exposure to the whole wide world」
Yup no joke, it's as simple (yet meaningful) as that! Proudly designed in Malaysia, by Malaysian, this product has been through rounds of prototyping & testing, ensuring we could present you with a masterpiece worth longing for.
Dorado is designed to bring your child a comprehensive learning assistant, every single piece is carefully integrated for maximized outcome,
- the fishing rod introduces your child to the way a dial works, physics, robotic mechanism, and fine motor control in order to fish & lift different targets
- we want to make it as realistic as possible -- the magnets installed on the mouth area are indeed challenging and making things harder, yet this is a great opportunity to nurture problem solving & critical thinking -- the sense of achievement is real
- the targets come as wooden blocks of different shapes & weights (even the position of the magnets too, vary) -- this probes your child to trial & error in order to find the balance point, the strength needed, the best angle, and the optimize position to fish a specific block
- on purpose, we selected a darker shade of wood for the shark -- as you can see, shark has relatively sharper angles -- we hope this would increase parents' and caretakers' alertness & able to guide the child through to minimize potential human errors
- shape matching too is something we want to package -- although they might be too easy for elder children, yet this is indeed a good practice for toddlers age 1-3 to enhance their visual spatial recognition
- as of now, the youngest player (that we are aware of) is a little lady around 15 months old -- she loves shape matching, stacking the blocks, & have fun with the set through sensory bins
Personally, my daughter loves the fusion play among Alnico blocks &s; Dorado fishing set,
- at times she would fish & navigate her Alnico robot to soar around the house
- or utilizing the bigger Alnico blocks to stick more Dorado fishes to the rod
- there was a time she built a train and invited the fishes for a cuti-cuti dalam rumah
Disclaimer: adhered to lab report & KDPNHEP toy safety regulation, we listed Dorado as a toy meant for age 3+++. This is because we do have smaller parts (magnets, threads on the fishing rod, parts of fishing rod) that might be harmful.
According to safety protocol, toys or parts should be large enough -- at least 3cm in diameter OR 6cm in length. A choking hazard is any object that could be caught in a child's throat blocking their airway and making it difficult or impossible to breathe.
We encourage parents or caretakers to monitor and guide your little one throughout the play -- for safety, and also for quality bonding time among family members. Your child will learn so much by interacting with & observing you.
As mothers, we refuse to neglect the safety of your dearest family. Mumu advocates minimalism, simplicity, sustainability, natural wood color, & food-grade materials (the color pigments used, if any, are high-quality eco-friendly non-toxic soy-based inks) -- in order to allow children to explore freely in a friendly environment.
- suitable for 3y+
- unisex design and color (natural wood color)
- refined craftsmanship
- smooth and polished rounded corners
- made of quality beech wood and strong embedded magnet
- solid, durable, & safe
- providing just the right size and weight for the tiny hands
- promote shape recognition
- encourage and nurture fine motor skill
- enhance LOs' hand-eye coordination
- improved visual-spatial recognition
- parent-child bonding
Grab your copy of Dorado-themed coloring sheet here qrco.de/mumu_undersea
Wooden toys are durable, stimulate children's creativity and senses. But how is the best way to clean wooden toys?
- do not get wet : wooden toys are prone to black mold when damp, so we recommend daddies & mummies to put the blocks in a dry and well ventilated place
- no washing : never soak or immerse wooden toys in water. Wood is porous, so wooden toys will swell & deform when exposed to water
- avoid heat & changes in temperature : no doubt, drying in the sun is great as it speeds up the drying process, and the sun is a natural way to kill more germs. However strong sunlight or prolonged exposure can lead to color fade, swell or crack, and lead to breaking
- wipe gently : with a clean rag or handkerchief, gently wipe the surface of the wooden toys. Occasional moisturizing can be beneficial to condition your wooden toy and keep it looking great. Olive oil works well, or another non-toxic option is beeswax polish. Don't forget to place the toys in a ventilated place to air-dry
With proper care and maintenance, you will find your wooden toy providing many years of play and enjoyment.
Strengths aside, Wild Mums are always ready in marching the extra miles to present a memorable gift specially tailored for your little man and little miss. After all, aesthetics is never an aspect to be overlooked. We believe in delivering a love-worthy ceremonious heirloom for generations. Other than the as-is memorable unboxing experiences, please do not be afraid in approaching us for additional services, e.g. name engraving, premium gift wrap, gift card, hidden message, you name it.